CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday 10 June 2012

Daily 5 Book Study

I've heard so much about Daily 5 over the past couple of years, that I finally bought the book.  I'm excited to follow the Daily 5 Book Study.  
This year I have had the wonderful opportunity to be part of a provincial pilot project - "Literacy for All". We had our final meeting on Friday.  At the meeting, it was announced that they have received additional funding to continue the project for 1 more year!  I super excited!  I feel like I am a much better teacher because of this project.  This year we used the resources "Meville to Weville" and "Children with Disabilities: Reading and Writing the Four Blocks Way".  These are fabulous resources and I think every special education teacher should have a copy of "Children with Disabilities: Reading and Writing the Four Blocks Way".  It's an AMAZING resource!!  It gives you ideas of how to adapt literacy instruction for my kiddos!!!  For the second year of the pilot project, we will be using "Daily 5" and "Cafe".  As a group of teachers we will be adapting and evaluating this resource for special education classrooms in our province!!!  I'm super excited!!!  The book study (listed above) came at the perfect time!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment