CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday 26 May 2013

Executive Functioning

Last September I started a new job as a Learning Support Teacher at a middle school.  This year has been a challenging and an amazing year all in one!  I am fortunate to be returning next year to the same position!

A couple of weeks ago I had an amazing opportunity to go to Washington DC to go to an Executive Functioning conference.  The highlights of this conference were seeing Howard Gardner (Multiple Intelligences) and Russell Barkley (ADHD guru).  Next year my school will be involved in a pilot project.  We are looking at using the principles of UDL to stretch to reach more students.  One thing that many of our students need support with is executive functioning!  I am so excited to implement some of things we learnt at this conference!  Below are some pictures I took in DC as well as links to some great EF resources.

What are some universal supports you use in your classroom to support EF?






Executive Functioning Resources:




No comments:

Post a Comment